Friday, October 14, 2011

Doors? Slammed.

Well, it has been two months now [almost] and nothing much has changed.  When we first moved up here, we had many job options and career paths to choose from...but lo and behold, each one of those doors has been closed in our faces.  Time and time again, I have found myself frustrated, worried and even a few times, questioning whether or not we made the right decision by moving up here. While praying about this the other day, laying in bed, I was reminded of a quote from [somebody I once saw at Founder's Week].
"Fix your eyes on that which is certain, rather than that which is threatening you."
So I did. I spent the rest of my prayer time focusing on exactly who my God is, and was incredibly comforted.  I was even presented with the idea that this time of unemployment, away from my family and friends, is a gift.  Since then I have been trying to sit back and enjoy the time I get to spend with my husband, more time than we have ever spent together in our married life, and stay confident that the right jobs will show up at the right time. Wish me luck.

Aside from job hunting, Alan and I have been trying out restaurants like crazy.  There are so many yummy places to eat up here, it's ridiculous. No wonder two in three people are obese.

1 comment:

  1. I love The fact that you're writing this, and even more so that you are doing what I so often fail to do. We continue to pray not only for jobs for y'all, but simply for God' abundant provision for you. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete