Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Rumors are True.

Alan and I are expecting our first baby on May 28th, 2012! Whoa. 

I have been incredibly hesitant to let anyone [other than my family] in on this little secret on account of our circumstances right now [just to catch you up...the job fairy has not left anything under my pillow].  Throughout the past month or so, I have been waiting "Until we get life figured out" to let you guys know my BIG news. But, after a lot of prayer and patience from the hubs, I have finally realized that my attempt to wait was some sort of mad grab for control.  Really, it's ridiculous that I could make something like this so....complicated.  God will provide for us, baby or no baby. "It's science."

So here I am, letting you in on the secret. Alan and I are nine weeks along and could not be happier.  While we are still unemployed and a bit homeless, we are confident that this baby is a perfectly timed gift.  A week or so ago we had our first ultrasound.  The baby looks just like a gummy bear from the side [Brother is also pretty positive that it has Elvis hair].  And while an Elvis impersonating gummy bear may sound a little creepy, it's our Elvis impersonating gummy bear and we could not be more thrilled to meet him [her?]! 

I'm still not over this, somebody celebrate with me!

P.S. If I did not get the chance to tell you personally, I am so sorry.  There were so many phone calls to make with such limited cell service, and I finally got too excited to keep it to myself any longer. Forgive?

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys!
    Seriously though, I understand completely where you guys are at. When Daveo and I got pregnant, we were just about to move to England and expected to get over here and have everything figured out.
    Clearly, that did not go as planned, and we had a lot of panic moments. I mean, that's about as terrifying as it can get--no money, no place to live, and a baby coming. Are you kidding?
    However, said baby is now almost four months old, and although we don't have much, we have enough. Seriously Jameson is one of the best parts of my life, and all of a sudden everything else just kind of takes the backseat on your priority list.

    This is going to be amazing, and I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete